Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

TAKE 1: One Mans Opinion
…because film is largely subjective
 
by Frederick William Springer III

 
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Release Date:  14 August 2015                                                             Runtime:  116 Minutes              
Review Date:  1 November 2015                                                           Rating:  3 (of 6)

      Artistically, I loved the color scheme of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. poster.  Unfortunately, you shouldn't use such aesthetics as the basis of choosing films to view.

     On the whole, the movie was just stale.  Here Superman seems like he's doing his best to do a Cary Elwes impersonation which makes no sense because he's playing an American and sounded like one while portraying Clark Kent in Man of Steel.

     This picture is based on the 1964-68 television series of the same name.  Long before my time and not something I ever caught in reruns, I can't say how faithful it was to its predecessor but I can say I didn't have any nostalgia affecting my opinion.  This movie follows the original 2 main characters in a prequel showcasing how it is they became partnered up, apparently something that wasn't really addressed in the TV show.  Holding no enchantment for me, it didn't awaken any interest in the TV series or desire to see any sequels it may spawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment