Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Family

TAKE 1: One Mans Opinion
…because film is largely subjective
    
by Frederick William Springer III
 
 
The Family
Release Date:  13 September 2013                                                  Runtime:  111 Minutes              
Review Date:  12 November 2013                                                   Rating:  3 (of 6)
     I never heard of The Family but when it became available at my bargain theater, I decided to look it up.  Written and Directed by Luc Besson (who's Leon is one of my favorites) and starring Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Michelle Pfeiffer, I decided to check it out.
     Let my checking it out be so you don't have to.  Boring and unentertaining.  In fact, I kept nodding off during the first 50 minutes, and the audience may have been more entertained watching me fighting to stay awake if their eyes were on me rather than the screen.  I get to nap at home for free, thanks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment